The UV Digital Flexo press for food packaging
M6 line, the press which changes the future of Flexible Packaging. A combination of in-line UV Flexo, REVO Digital Flexo and the new revolutionary V-Flower print unit allow for job change overs literally in 1 minute, "on-the-fly" without stopping the press, with up to 95% press up-time. The most productive press to economically produce ultra short up to mid runs. A new Flexible Packaging job can literally start production in 1 minute, with the highest print quality ever. And the highest health safety for the final consumer, also for food packaging.
- Short web path on over-dimensioned chilled drums for “positive” web transportation and accurate temperature control on most “delicate” substrates. Also LLDPE can be printed, as well as 15 microns BOPP, alufoil and cartons, on the same press, with excellent register stability
- No VOCs, totally inexistent risk of fire, explosions on press or in the company due to ink solvents etc.
- No solvent recovery etc. Very limited safety constraints. Ink can be stored in non-explosion proof rooms
- Easy and fast press installation or move anywhere in the production site - easy press relocation
- Clean working environment, without solvents in the air - no odours
- No need to wash the print units during shift changes, the ink stays in the tray without evaporating, for days
- Exceptional print quality, up to 80 lines per cm/200 lines per inch, and more
- No need of highly skilled operators due to the simplicity of the UV Flexo process
- Very user-friendly operations, print unit open from the top, same comfortable low operating level on all print units, and extremely easy to access print unit, with simple ink changes, sleeve changes etc.
- High print quality stability (UV ink does not dry on the printing plates) during mid and long runs
- Easy repeatability of PMS colours
- UV Track ™: the only first automated system in the Flexible Packaging industry which tests and tracks the ink curing safety directly on the substrate, while printing and not after printing. Ink safety of each printed meter of Packaging is certified on-line, instantly, while the press is running. And the ink safety certificate for the whole printed roll is available immediately. One of the safest health protection technology today available, for the food packaging consumers.
BOBST brings Digital Flexo technology to folding carton and flexible packaging manufacturers with launch of M6 press at drupa 2016
Suitable for the following industries
Packaging - Flexible materials
Packaging - Folding carton
Detergents & houseld cleaning
Electronics & home appliances
Toys / Games / Playing Cards